Karianne Munstedt, from the amazing women’s group I belong to called NAWBO, National Association of Women Business Owners, has created ‘Portraits in the time of Coronavirus’ and I am Thrilled to be part of it.
Meet Kara Mac of Kara Mac Shoes. Location: NY
In her words: "I live in New York, just 20 minutes from where the epidemic surfaced. I am grateful for having my boys and husband home and staying healthy.
My business is non-essential and has been put on hold, but I'm also grateful that I have OCD tendencies because it has kept me very busy......
The virus has changed my life and lifestyle, as I knew it before.
- I'm teaching Illustrator classes online to high school students - very rewarding!
- I'm taking tons of educational classes and participating in webinars - always learning!
- I plotted a vegetable garden out of old stone walls and only using recyclable and repurposed materials - never had the time before!
- I'm growing 20 different vegetables from seed - a first for me!
- I've been cooking Asian food - and it's really good!
- I continue to develop my little girl shoe line and a recyclable women's boot - just waiting for the factories to open!
The way I see it, as long as you and your loved ones are healthy, take this golden opportunity to learn and expand your knowledge base."
Kari is Spreading inspirational stories of love and gratitude, building connections, and raising money for nonprofits.
ALL proceeds from this project are being donated to Shoebox Ministry to provide hygiene products to individuals in need. Every $1 that is donated provides 2.5 days of hygiene products, so literally every dollar counts! So far, more than $2,200 has been donated and that number is growing every day!!
If you would like to be a part of this project, please visit the following link to learn more and sign up:
#somegoodnews #sgn #sharethelove #goodnews#goodnewsmovement
States I am looking for a participant from: ID, WY, ND, IA, KS, OK, AR, LA, MS, IN, TN, AL, GA, WV, CT, RI, MA, VT, DE, NH, ME, AK, and international!